Saturday, March 7, 2009

Work in progress


My son Joseph came home from work the other day and asked how the story was coming...
I told him I had called Baba (Olga, grandmother in Ukrainian) to get more details.

I explained that I felt conflicted about the listening to the horror of what happened to my family and what I'm studying now...

I've been listening to an audio version of the wisdom of the TAO TE CHING as translated by
Dr. Wayne Dyer for eight months now and love listening to his soothing voice and explanation of each verse...

I'm a seeker of peace is what I'm finding out about myself...even the name my mother chose for me calls me to choose peace.....
Irene is a name derived from the Greek word εἰρήνη, "peace".
Olga called me Myrka when I was younger, we had too many cousins Irene
( or Irka, Irena in Ukrainian)
I like Myrka and use it as my online persona.

I was telling him that I was having a hard time putting what Baba has told me into a story form, his suggestion was to tell the story the way I was telling him just as she is telling me.

Well son I said... it's easier said than done...I'm not a writer, but forgot that I know how to tell a good story in person so I'm told..

Hmmm I thought .....I bought a device that takes dictation last year for such a purpose why not use it........Joseph laughed there you go Mom.....
Yes my son is full of insight.........
Joe noticed they spelled his name wrong on his name tag at the new job (yes he let's me call him that).... Joesph is how they spelled it, I had to look twice, yes it is spelled wrong...
see the slight difference
he is named after my dad, who spelled his name Jozef, I like that spelling...but at the time of Josephs birth I was not aware of the other spelling......

Jason my older son is coming back today from his short visit with friends he met in Manitoba..
he has been visiting us for a couple of months now, but that's another story.....
this is a small place we live in, so the Talking to my computer will wait until I'm alone, it is sensitive to noise...and I still a bit ...hmmm whats the word ...shy talking with my computer......
all though I do talk to my car LOL....
I thought....MAYBE I should take the computer for a drive : )

No comments:

Happy New Year 2

​I call this Ukrainian New Year a tradition of celebrating using the Georgian calendar.