Friday, May 22, 2015

Gratefullness


gratefulness always rises,
from the broken places-
what rips me away from living,
when I seep into the cracks-
into my blinding dark-
when I lay my scattered breaking,
down,
upon the ground of my uncertainty-
it all appears to be so hopeless,
then the tenderness of life appear-
sun resting upon golden blue hues,
of the morning rising-
when I hold this resting sky,
as a tiny moment of opening-
a gift that holds my breath,
with waking appreciation-
when love comes and pulls me,
from my place of breaking-
see myself taking,
the seconds that fall upon-
me like droplets of rain,
washing away the stains of,
my despair.
what looks like my coming apart-
pulls it together again and through,
I reaching you,
when your ache-
has taken you further away,
from your grounding-
I reach and say with the words,
from my soul-
bringing us all back to whole,
what falls upon this page resting-
seeing life’s blessings,
the gift of knowing-
that gratefulness always rises,
from our broken places-
filling us with courage,
to step into the moments of today.
Author Maureen Kwiat Meshenberg © 

No comments:

Happy New Year 2

​I call this Ukrainian New Year a tradition of celebrating using the Georgian calendar.