Wednesday, May 27, 2015

My Voice

my voice screamed,
but I wanted to pause-
to take a deep breath,
hold the unearthing space-
for a moment,
before it exploded-
I held my broken self,
within my outer voice-
shouts for healing,
in its aching-
but it is a feeling,
of groundless falling-
feeling unheard-
I came to this place,
repeatedly-
but oh dear one,
what screams and quakes-
what spills from you is not yours,
when at the end-
of that tattered thread dangling,
reach for peace to come-
take the tears that fall upon you,
in the dark and the light-
of who you are,
come as you are into tenderness,
what can be paused in a second-
as I try again and again,
to rise to the sky-
from the heaviness of,
what brings fear-
to its shouting,
I allow myself to embrace me-
quiet and quivering,
in my unsettling-
of life leaving me often helpless,
stepping onto new ground now-
I breathe and say,
you are the one-
who can bring it back,
to the holding of your soul-
in soothing silence,
so I come now-
holding compassion,
as my compass-
grace as my candle,
in my storm.
Author Maureen Kwiat Meshenberg © 

No comments:

Happy New Year 2

​I call this Ukrainian New Year a tradition of celebrating using the Georgian calendar.