Thursday, June 4, 2015

Joy Holds True

~By Maureen Kwiat Meshenberg © * Oak Park, Il
–Guest Contributor
How do you allow hope to bring you to joy? 
joy holds the cup,
of all my sorrows-
that tries to draw on my yesterdays,
and crush my tomorrows,
catching hope in my breath,
and letting it spill out-
exuberance upon my day.
joy comes with effervescence,
not collapsing into hiding or-
camouflaging my life with what
the world would call
the better things of life.
what really counts,
is how love holds your joy-
on the inside-
allowing life to be,
to flow into,
vital moments with passion-
hope rises like a sun beam,
from my broken being-
an inner knowing,
allowing myself-
to bring me,
to the ease of me,
resting in the hope-
that today is held,
in the joy that resides in me.



No comments:

Happy New Year 2

​I call this Ukrainian New Year a tradition of celebrating using the Georgian calendar.