Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Crimson

I hold your bending stem,
crimson red you are-
as I hold you steady,
above what I hold-
so deep within me.
red as my heart,
that cracks open wide-
the rage,
the fear,
the tears,
that holds no promise,
to what was.
I see the veins,
of a once pulsing life-
of when you once lived,
your colors flushing-
into brilliance,
against the cool gray sky.
you curl slightly inward,
towards your dying breath-
I hesitate a moment,
for your beauty-
for a life that once,
belonged to me.
I release it now,
glancing down in the depth-
of the void of unknowing,
I let you go,
as you fall-
into the emptiness,
yes, what was once-
so vibrant and new,
death now becomes you-
but life for me,
will begin again.
Heart's Calling
Author Maureen Kwiat Meshenberg ©


No comments:

Happy New Year 2

​I call this Ukrainian New Year a tradition of celebrating using the Georgian calendar.